Both our strong client base and strong adviser referral base are testimony to the strength and reputation of our practice.
A sample of the work that we cover includes:
- Testamentary trust wills.
- Superannuation / SMSF considerations, including death benefit nominations.
- Assets falling within or outside a will.
- Foreign assets considerations.
- Discussing the balance between a protective estate plan and a flexible estate plan (noting that an estate plan can be both protective and flexible).
- Keeping estate plans as simple and practical as possible, without compromising the integrity of the goal of the estate plan (eg asset protection etc).
- Discussing fairness in dealing with family members (whilst noting that sometimes fairness may not mean equality).
- Blended family considerations (eg prior de facto partners / spouses; children from other relationships; pre-empting possible challenges to an estate; etc).
- Lifetime trusts considerations.
- Wealth / asset protection.
- Consideration of asset-holding or operating structures (eg superannuation; trusts; companies; partnerships; etc).
- Taxation / stamp duty considerations.
- General and enduring powers of attorney.
- Enduring powers of medical guardianship.
- Succession planning (assessing the ability to pass on a business to family members or other co-owners and related strategies).
- Deceased estates (ie probate etc).